Monday, November 23, 2009

went a bit mad..

with the footage katy gave me of buildings. It looks nothing like buildings now, but pretty nonetheless (I hope). After spending an entire night waiting for rendering, as a result I have no hard drive and probably a greater disposition for epilepsy. Oh well.

This one for the ceiling perhaps? In total these videos run for about 10mins. If anyone wants to shoot more footage of Manchester I'd be grateful, then it can run for longer...



Couple of minor points: The quality isn't great because it's reprocessed/ reformatted camcorder footage so you can see lots of grain when shown large-scale. Second, this is 16:9 (widescreen) ratio, if the ceiling/wall is more square I might need to change it 4:3? Also the next video is inverse, and the projector will be projecting the *white, not black. So we'll need to test it to see if it looks alright.

I made this one into a circle, then duplicated it again. When I played it back, it looked a bit like eyes watching you. Kinda like the idea of moving eyes in the foyer.. "the city is watching you" cliché..


(I was thinking of calling it 'Wall-E takes mescaline' but that would probably be inappropriate..)

No comments: