Saturday, March 13, 2010

A project proposal..

I've had a (very technical) project idea in my head for a while + would like to know if anyone is interested in pursuing it with me? I've mentioned it before 2 ppl but don't have a laptop so can't show u how it looks.

The video below is me using sawcutter (a v cool synthesizer). If you see in the top right hand corner, the controller changes the sound in real time. As this has a midi interface I think you could use this via motion tracking - whereby the movements of somebody in a room changes the sound. I've seen someone use this with a theramin (see earlier post). Spatial - audio perception has been done many times before, but it has scope for invention.


You don't have to use this program. Below, I've used the graphical interface for a sketch of the installation. The circle is the person in the room. Basically, the idea is that high tones correspond to space, and low tones correspond to objects. Imagine a large object in the centre, that you are getting nearer and farther away from. All you need here is two audio files playing, and the motion sensor being translated to change the volume of each. Relatively fairly simple.


Any offers - send me an email!

No comments: